Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

My future artist section

New section in my blog FUTURE ARTIST and his or her art
i want to promo him or her and help people to sell their stuff
here i have some questions who he or she need to answer them!!
also i need links from their web site or shop
here the questions who they need to answer

Tell us a bit about yourself (name, location, affiliations, personal stuff).
What is the first thing you can remember making by hand? How and why did you make it?
What inspires you? Where do your ideas come from?
What are your favorite materials?
What have been the most valuable lessons learned from other artists on Etsy?
Why should people buy handmade?
What features/services would you most like to see on Etsy?
Apart from creating things, what do you do?
Read any good books lately?
In ten years I'd like to be...

if you interesting just sent me a convo or message :)


this week future seller is PastryStitches
Tell us a bit about yourself (name, location, affiliations, personal stuff):
My name is Noelle, 23 years old, and currently living in Vandalia, Ohio, USA. I've been sewing for the last six to seven years and would love to make things for others. Being born into a family full of creative and artsy people helped me continue my craft and learning new ways to do things. They also encourage me to try new things and I thank them for that.

What is the first thing you can remember making by hand? How and why did you make it?:
First thing I made in my life? Oh wow, that's hard to remember... umm... probably a solar system display for school that my mom helped me with back in like the 2nd or 3rd grade. We took a black cardboard, painted Styrofoam balls (cutting them in half), paint them their planets color... glue them to the board. We painted their orbit with a paint marker and spayed the board with glitter spray. The teacher loved it so much that she passed it around the other grades to teach the kids the solar system.
What inspires you? Where do your ideas come from?:
Video games, Anime, family, and friends. I am a big nerd of anime and video games and because of that, a lot of my items are from those lately. Some of my friends also help me come with ideas as well.
What are your favorite materials?:
Fleece and polymer clay.
What have been the most valuable lessons learned from other artists on Etsy?:
To always help another in etsy, help promote each other, and stuff along those lines. Good karma... what comes around, goes around.
Why should people buy handmade?:
Handmade items are made with lots of love and when someone buys that item, that love is spread to that person. The maker puts their heart and soul into that item and should be shown to the world. Besides... brand names are too expensive nowadays, they will probably find something cheaper and better homemade.
What features/services would you most like to see on Etsy?:
It would be nice to be able to edit posts you make as well as being able to follow threads.
Apart from creating things, what do you do?:
I write stories, right now I am jobless. Also I tend to cosplay and go to conventions with friends.

Read any good books lately?
Been reading Jim Butcher's Dresden Files series, LOVE his books!


In ten years I'd like to be...:
An author! Love writing my books so much! Also would love to be done with college and with a good job. Married too, lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment